Thursday, July 29, 2010

Love like there's no tomorrow ♥


God is good. Right? After this past few weeks and just going life day to day seems to be the most comforting thing to all of us, especially me. I know that I take for granted the people I have in my life and the relationships we share. 
As you know I’m going through PT school and it has challenged me in many ways and before coming here I knew that I would be “putting my life on hold for three years.” This to me meant that developing relationships with other people outside of my bubble here at APU was going to be difficult and almost impossible. I was completely wrong! Although I know I’m not living the ideal situation to interact with everyone like I’d like I still have prayer and a phone. 
I have recently been confronted with people whom I love, losing the ones they are closest to and It makes me realize just how important life here is on this world and what my job as a woman of God is here during this time. 
I’m currently taking this exercise physiology which interests me in so many ways but also forces me to see just how important our health is and how I also take my health for granted. I find it hard to believe how people can function everyday with our body doing a million different functions with little to no effort from us and not think there is a God. Every little cell that goes through it’s processes to digest our food, give us energy, restore our body, kill the bad bacteria that gets in ... but there are also those times when we let something in that attacks our body and there is nothing we can do about it like cancer. I loathe cancer and the thought of it taking over the people I love, but it’s becoming more and more common in our world today. It’s time like these when I ask God why? Why are there these things like this that cause those we love, “good people” so much pain? Then, I think how crazy I am to ask God a question like that. Who am I to question God when he doesn’t desire pain for his children. His desire is to protect us from all harm but in this corrupt world we live in, it’s nearly impossible. 
I certainly don’t have all the answers to questions but what I do hope for is that if this were to ever happen to anyone I love, that I would have enough faith in God like my best friend Aurora, to cling even closer to him and thank him for his amazing fatherly love he always offers to us.
I found this perfect verse that I can envision my best friend Aurora saying and it’s because of her faith in a great father that she can say these words with an honest heart ... 
20. You who have shown me many troubles and distresses
              Will revive me again,
                        And will bring me up again from the depths of the earth. 
    21. May You increase my greatness
         And turn to comfort me. 
    22. I will also praise You with a harp,
         Even Your truth, O my God;
         To You I will sing praises with the lyre,
         O Holy One of Israel. 
    23. My lips will shout for joy when I sing praises to You;
         And my soul, which You have redeemed. 
    24. My tongue also will utter Your righteousness all day long;
         For they are ashamed, for they are humiliated who seek my hurt.
I’m not sure I would be able to say this if I lost someone I love especially someone in my immediate family but it’s because of people like her who show me just how faithful our God really is. 
I encourage you and myself to try your hardest to show people not just tell them just how much you care and love them. 
My father lives thousands of miles away from me and isn’t in very good health. He has endured a triple bypass at the age of 41 and had a heart attach at the age of 55 and there isn’t much I can do with him living so far away from me however, I make it a priority to call him each morning so he knows just how much he means to me. That’s one person on my list but there are so many more that I would love and need to add to that list. 
Life happens and life gets in the way but its our job to make others priority ♥ 
Thank you Jesus for this life you’ve given me, I pray I can do with it what you desire.  I love you Aurora Mckeehan ♥ ... I’m sure your papa is in heaven next to Jesus watching over you and your amazing family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment