Thursday, October 7, 2010

Failure and the power of prayer.

"There is no failure except in no longer trying." Elbert Hubbard
Have you ever worked hard at something and failed? I have but my outcome will not be failure because what I’ve learned is that what makes it failure is giving up and not trying again. 
I’ve had a rough September and for a while there I thought that it was “the end of the world” and I couldn’t have been more wrong, it was only my beginning. 
Ever since I was a little girl I was always taught to work hard at everything, pray constantly, and reach for your highest goal and my sister and I did just that. My plan has never been as ideal as I’d liked but I knew that there was always room for God to place me where he needs me most, which caused “my plan” to take some turns. 
I know that I have this passion for helping others and I love studying the human body and I’m confident that the Lord will find a place that I fit perfectly in, while using the gifts he’s given me. 
My encouragement to all of you is to follow your passions because we have them for a reason. There are so many people that wouldn’t be anywhere today if they listened to those who didn’t believe in them or said they couldn’t do it. I’m a firm believer that we are instilled with certain passions to follow and I encourage you to first pray about it and present your desires to God just like it says in his word: 
6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
  Phillipians 4: 6-7 
God knows your heart and doesn’t want anything but the best for his children. This road  isn’t easy but that doesn’t mean give up, it’s just a way to help me strive even harder because I know that what I’m pursuing is not something for me but for him and for others. 
 
 16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
  1 Thessalonians  5: 16-18 



1 comment: