Sunday, January 30, 2011

Who's magnified in your life?

It's been a while since my last post. Mostly because I have been extremely busy the changes that are occurring in my life but also because I've been occupying my life with needless tasks. I'm currently reading "Forgotten God" by Francis Chan and I have to say that it is an amazing piece of reading material. I've never been challenged like I am now with my beliefs on the Holy Spirit. It has forced me to dig into my reasoning for my beliefs and why I choose to follow the God I do. 


One specific thing I wanted to share is something I just read about this morning. I'd like to think that I am doing things in my life for the glory of God and not myself. Of course, I sometimes feel better when I over share information about myself to build up my pride (something I am not proud of.) The section I am referring to in the book is titled "ATTENTION" and it refers to asking the question "Why do you want the Holy Spirit in you?" 


                "They were trying to use manifestations of the Spirit for their glory. They weren't interested in what God was doing in others; they just wanted to show off what God was doing in them."

                                                                                                      1 Cor. 14


This is huge for me because I don't consider myself to be a boastful person and I strive to be humble because everything that I've done and accomplished in my life hasn't been because of me at all. The abilities and strengths have all been provided by Him and Him alone. The question I ask myself is maybe I say this because I know it's what should be said but do I believe it? 


I think I am writing this because I want to make sure I try and implement this is my life. I want to make it known that the Holy Spirit does live in me and constantly reminding myself that it's not about ME ME ME. 


I will leave you with this quote because I was awestruck at the impact it had on my heart this morning and it's something I can constantly ask myself when making a decision or involved in a conversation.


                    "A sure sign of the Holy Spirit's working is that Christ is magnified, not people."

No comments:

Post a Comment